Mr. Michael Recycles Bicycles
520 N Prior Ave
St Paul MN 55104
The Calendar is now at the bottom of this page.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 emergency, the shop is only open by appointment. Please call 651-641-1037 to schedule. See the calendar for the times when we will have appointments available. We will only offer paid repair services and sales of basic repair parts (tires, tubes, cables, brake blocks, etc.) at this time. We will offer shopping for the used parts and accessories, but there is a $10 non-refundable charge, due in advance, in order to confirm the appointment, but we take $10 off the total of the items you buy during the appointment. The waiting list to receive gift bicycles is currently open. To get on the list, you may call 651-641-1037 and leave the following information on the voice mail – your first and last name, your height, and a reliable telephone number where we can call you when your bicycle is ready. If you got our information from a case worker, please have your case worker contact us to request the bicycle. Please note that social service providers may request bicycles for clients, but it is the responsibility of the provider to make the request, pick up the bicycle, and deliver it to their client. All gift bicycle pickups are scheduled on Sunday afternoons between 1 PM and 3 PM, no exceptions.
We will begin accepting bicycle donations again on Tuesday, March 23, 2021 by appointment. You must call 651-641-1037 and schedule a donation appointment. There are three times available on Tuesday evenings – 5:15, 6:15, and 7:15 PM. You must have a confirmed appointment to drop off bicycle donations. Our storage space is limited, so we need to control the inflow. DO NOT leave bicycles outside our shop at any time. They are likely to be stolen.
Listen to the MMRB WDGY radio ad
Who is Mr. Michael Recycles Bicycles?
MMRB is a private company that gives away bicycles. It is run on a break-even basis by Michael and Benita Warns. No one receives a salary.
What does MMRB do?
MMRB gathers discarded bicycles, repairs them, and gives them away. MMRB also offers repair services with a labor charge of $24 per hour plus parts, and sells a variety of used parts and accessories, as well as used bicycles.
Where does MMRB get the bicycles?
MMRB volunteers go to community recycling events and gather the reusable bicycles brought in. People who have a bicycle they no longer need can contact MMRB directly. A small donation is welcomed to offset disposal expenses for worn tires and other non-recyclable parts. We suspend bicycle donations during the winter months due to lack of space.
When can people contact MMRB?
Anytime via e-mail at email@example.com, or telephone 651-641-1037 between 9 AM and 9 PM and leave a message. Be sure to leave your first and last name, and your complete telephone number, along with the information you need, and speak slowly and clearly, as it is sometimes difficult to understand people on our ancient phone.
Why doesn’t MMRB make people earn bicycles?
We run MMRB primarily as a ministry, and our calling is to give away bicycles. We do sell used bicycle parts, accessories, and novelty items made from bicycle parts. Sales of these items offset the cost to run the business so that free bicycles are available for those who need them. We also sell ready-to-ride used bicycles, some bicycles in as-is condition, and higher-end and collectible bicycles. 90% of the money we receive from sales of our products and services goes toward the expenses of the shop, and the remaining 10% is given to charity. All labor is provided by volunteers, and we do not take a salary from this business.
How can I get a bicycle?
Our wait list is currently open.
When the list is open, this is the process. Please call 651-641-1037 during the daytime and leave a voice mail message with your full name, the style of bicycle you would like your height and a reliable phone number where we can reach you when your bicycle is ready. Please note that social service providers may get bicycles for clients, but we require the request to be made in the provider’s name and it is the responsibility of the provider to pick up the bicycle and deliver it to the client. If you received our contact information from your case worker, please have your case worker make the request.
For more information, call Mike or Benita Warns at 651-641-1037, or e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call before 9 AM or after 9 PM. Thanks.